I have no idea what I want to say on this blog. My life is at a major crossroads and I am merely trying to feel my way through it. About 5 weeks ago, my husband was recalled by the Navy and was told that he would be spending the next 12-14 months in Iraq. Simultaneously, I was accepted to nursing school...a longtime-coming goal of mine. Our journeys start roughly at the same time. Although I have always considered myself extremely independent, I am facing a rough road that is causing me an extreme amount of self-doubt and trepidation. Our family is temporarily being turned on its ear, but I realize that nothing happens by chance and that there is a lesson to be learned in everything. I know that we will get through these upcoming months and I know that I must learn how to rely on our Lord more...I am a work in progress. What I do know at this juncture, is that I have the responsibility to set an example for our children, Lauren and Jack. I must be strong for them as this military stuff is COMPLETELY new to them! Self-doubt has no place here...and I am working on it. In the meantime, Jeff has about 20 more days at home and I have one week until I embark upon nursing school. We are going to make the best of the time we have and try desperately hard not to get too overwhelmed in the process.
So there you have it...I don't know where this blog will head, but hopefully it will be a good outlet for the months ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment