Friday, June 6, 2008
He's Got My Back
As I mentioned yesterday, I am feeling incredibly thankful for how God is watching over me. I feel as if He is trying to ease some burdens for me at this stressful time. A couple of days ago, I received an email from my clinical rotation's instructor stating that our first clinical assignment would have to be postponed until next week. Today...Friday...I was meant to be gone from 7am till 3:30 pm....Well, here I am, able to have the day off! At first I was thrilled because it is my 35th birthday. I thought, "What a great gift!" Well, this day off keeps giving....Jeff has to be gone all day to detach from his reserve group about 2 hours away. Jack has no school on Fridays..so Jeff was going to have to take Jack with him. Yesterday...okay I am rambling...Lauren (out-of-the-blue) began feeling under the weather. Long story short...I think she has Strep. I am waiting to get an appt. with our doctor, but I am almost convinced she has it. So, what I am getting at...Thanks be to God that I am home. I can't imagine the stress Jeff and I would have felt if Lauren had to be home, unable to travel to his reserves unit (after all, I wouldn't want anyone else to get sick). I must say that this is one of my biggest fears with Jeff being away and me being in nursing school....they are not very forgiving about missing classes or clinicals...so if the kids get sick, I am in a pickle...and they will...their kids! So, today I am thankful that my Father is watching out for me. He's got my back! I'm home, able to bring Lauren to the doctors...and later today, spend more time with my amazing husband. Again...nothing happens coincidentally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Trisha,
I found you through another blog. Most of the other blogs I visit are related to grief but yours caught my eye and was an encouragement.
Two months ago today we lost our baby girl at 20 weeks in the womb. The women I have met through blogs have been a huge source of support for me. I hope you will make special friends as well.
I wanted to write to let you know how much I admire and appreciate your husbands service to our country and the sacrifice you and your children make by allowing him to serve. You guys are the true heroes - not Kobe Bryant. And since you are in Southern CA you know how dangerous it is say something like that. :o)
My pain from our loss is intense, but I recognize there are so many people who struggle and hurt too. Having your husband gone for so long is a huge struggle. You and your family will be in my prayers. I pray that you have a good day.
Blessings,
Kirsten
Post a Comment