Well, we are one week into our 52+ week adventure. I must say that last Saturday was terribly difficult. We found out Friday evening that Jeff was to deploy at 6:30am, Saturday. Of course, Jeff called me while I was at the hospital and I was unable to rush home. I held it together, being horribly frustrated that the hours leading up to my husband's departure was being spent away from him...by the time I got in my car to head home, I had been reduced to tears...lots of them. We spent the remaining hours getting his stuff ready and shopping for a new refrigerator (thank God ours decided to kaput while Jeff was still in town). Anywho, Saturday came upon us too quickly. Me and the kids, as well as Jeff's mom and dad, took Jeff to the base where we said our goodbyes. Originally, we thought that we would be seeing him off at the airport, but the Navy had other plans. We were able to say our goodbyes as he boarded a bus that would take him to the airstrip on North Island (Coronado Naval Air Station). It was hard. The kids were troopers. Lauren was stoic, just like her daddy, and Jack, a little more emotional, just like his mommy. Before we knew it, the dreaded event was over. I spent most of the day puttering around home, breaking into quiet tears here-and-there. All I kept telling myself is that I needed one day behind us. Now here we are with 8 days! The kids and I are adjusting well. We talk to Jeff everyday, multiple times, as he is still in the states. He will not depart to Iraq for a little while longer...I am sure the emotional roller coaster will begin again when that day comes. In the meantime, I am thankful that God continues to watch over us, guiding our each step. I think my entire little clan, hubby included, is putting our best foot forward...Stress has not come to us...yet. I feel as though our Father is sheltering me from undo stress and chaos. I give him credit for my calm and peace. I know I am getting it from no other. For that, I thank Him. I am taking my new responsibilities in stride and managing well. The kids are stepping up and behaving wonderfully...I hope that doesn't change.
Today I continue to give thanks to the man upstairs...he is protecting this very family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are doing amazing!!! You will be in my prayers. God bless you today.
Blessings,
Kirsten
Keeping you lifted in prayer.
God bless you,
Kirsten
Post a Comment